Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Guide?] How to update GWDatBrowser

Hey,

I've been working on this a bit too, I'd decided to get the Unpacker to work, as you know, now we can download decompressed files, but it may or may not work in the future.
    Anyway, I'm gratefull that rafi could dissamble it, as I didn't have the courage to dive into assembler ;D. From the work of rafi, I "simplified" the algorithm as it is quite obscure as it is now mangled between ArenaNet/Compiler optimizations, I came up with something pretty neat, obviously it is a lot less efficient (and it is in python ;D), but having a good grasp of the algorithm is a big step to fixing it.

From this, I solved the issue with files > 64kB (We are talking of the size of the compressed file here obviously), you need, for each chunk of 64kB, to not process the last four bytes, that seems to be some kind of CRC.

If anyone is interested I could give them the info by pm if they want, because rafi's work is already working. Now I'm trying to dive into the DAT structure/navigation (Mft, DEPSEARCH, MFST, etc..), seems pretty straight forward, but if someone is doing the same thing I wouldn't mind teaming up ;D

Cheers !
    Last edited by Loumie; 04-22-2012 at 02:22 PM.

As it seems some people are interested in this I'll take time to update the rafi file this weekend if it hasn't been done yet.

Lightbulb InflateDLL

Hey,

So, here is a dll, with the sources, which contain a simple function "inflate" (in gw2Inflate.h) that decompresses a file.
    I'm using codeblocks/GCC because the C compiler of VS is not even compliant with C99 (unless I missed something).

It successfully decompresses the files of the last version with about 50~ fails out of 187919 files. These fails seems to happen at the end of the decoding, usually the last bytes in the files, I don't have time to look at it right now though.

Feel free to point at eventual mistakes, I'm more a C++ programmer than a pure C one ;D.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Loumie; 04-30-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loumie View Post
    Hey,

So, here is a dll, with the sources, which contain a simple function "inflate" (in gw2Inflate.h) that decompresses a file.
    I'm using codeblocks/GCC because the C compiler of VS is not even compliant with C99 (unless I missed something).

It successfully decompresses the files of the last version with about 50~ fails out of 187919 files. These fails seems to happen at the end of the decoding, usually the last bytes in the files, I don't have time to look at it right now though.

Feel free to point at eventual mistakes, I'm more a C++ programmer than a pure C one ;D.

Cheers.
    Can you also post the application that uses the dll? I am no good at programming.

I'm sorry but if you don't know how to use it, I don't know why you would want it

If you just want something to look into the dats for whatever reason, just take the rafi port of the Unpacker, or wait for someone to create another one.

This is something for developers that can embed the dll in their projects.

Cheers.

I'm sorry but if you don't know how to use it, I don't know why you would want it

If you just want something to look into the dats for whatever reason, just take the rafi port of the Unpacker, or wait for someone to create another one.

This is something for developers that can embed the dll in their projects.

Cheers.
    Only reason I was asking is because I thought you also updated the rafi app.

As it seems some people are interested in this I'll take time to update the rafi file this weekend if it hasn't been done yet.

Has anyone got this to work with the BWE client?

So I tried to use this on the GW2.dat file I received from the BWE. I am only interested in getting the music files from the game, but it gets to some point and crashes, and never lists the music data anywhere.

I'm not a programmer so I don't know how to do the tweaky tweaky stuff, nor do I know how to make GW2 download uncompressed files or whatever it is ya'll are talking about.

Is there a fixed version of the GW2 dat extractor or maybe a rar somewhere with all the music the game uses in its original audio format?

Quote Originally Posted by masterkiller View Post
    Has anyone got this to work with the BWE client?
    Obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Lazure View Post
    I am only interested in getting the music files from the game, but it gets to some point and crashes, and never lists the music data anywhere.

Is there a fixed version of the GW2 dat extractor or maybe a rar somewhere with all the music the game uses in its original audio format?
    Sound pack files have the header ASND. Since all of the music would be >64kb all you could do at this point is get the file id's and download them manually.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to repack the dat with different music. Do they have a check for altered file size or something?