Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hooded Forum Now Active!

Hooded Forum Now Active!

You can apply to join by going to your profile, then going to join a permission group.

Members will be accepted based on contributions and/or coding competency. In other words, if you've never posted a script on these forums, don't even bother applying. We won't be accepting people who say, "I plan to make bots," or, "I want to be a tester," or even, "I want to contribute." Anyone can say they're going to contribute; but until you actually prove it, you just look like another leech.

We might think you're cool to talk to but if you don't have at least some scripting knowledge, you won't be accepted. It's nothing personal. The hooded forum is a "By Coders, For Coders" kind of deal. The purpose of having a semi-public section is to increase the quality of the works posted there, and motivate more people to contribute. If we just let in everyone we liked, it would kind of defeat the purpose.

Don't think you want to qualify but still want to join? It's all up to you. Start contributing!

The main thing we'll be looking at is your contributions and their quality. Someone who released a single, amazing bot would be chosen over someone who's released 5 buggy and barely-functional bots. Along the same lines, recodes of old bots or modified versions of existing bots aren't considered as worthy as projects you created yourself. That's not to say these won't help you gain access, it's just being fair. Making a new bot takes can take hours of coding and testing. Recoding an old one takes maybe 20 minutes.

Note: Donations are not considered contributing. If you want to pay money for bots, go to the black market.

If you think you qualify, apply here:
    http://www.gamerevision.com/profile....editusergroups
    Last edited by TheArkanaProject; 04-01-2012 at 08:08 PM.
    Please read the wiki before asking for help!

GWA˛ 3.6

I am no longer supporting any Guild Wars projects. Sorry.

so that means no more PvEvolved updates for us guess I'll have to start coding again xD

Thats not fair :-( i want to use PvEvolved QQ :-( how i can get it now?

Quote Originally Posted by TheArkanaProject View Post
    You can apply to join by going to your profile, then going to join a permission group.

Members will be accepted based on contributions and/or coding competency. In other words, if you've never posted a script on these forums, don't even bother applying. We won't be accepting people who say, "I plan to make bots," or, "I want to be a tester," or even, "I want to contribute." Anyone can say they're going to contribute; but until you actually prove it, you just look like another leech.

Note: Donations are not considered contributing. If you want to pay money for bots, go to the black market.

If you think you qualify, apply here:
    http://www.gamerevision.com/profile....editusergroups
    ... reading seems to be hard

Where could i learn coding?

The Internet

I've been learning programming in school recently. I have a good base of C++/Java right now, it seems AutoIt should not be very hard based on the knowledge I already have. I'm excited to work towards this, going to begin coding now!

It looks like my access to this section has been revoked. Anyone care to explain? I haven't contributed here but the UG has 'some' Java stuff from me that proves it I can somewhat code. You should know by now that I'll even do way more for Guild Wars 2, so let me "read" this section to learn more while waiting for Guild Wars 2...

Apart from botting and that kind of stuff, i'd like to vouch for iDemmel because he has proven (at least to me concerning GWLPR) that he's got quite some experience with coding and i respect his skills.
    [ OFFERING high-quality programming service for ~0.1 BTC/hr - PM me! ]

"Write your code as if the next guy to maintain it
    is a homicidal maniac who knows where you live."

Quote Originally Posted by _rusty View Post
    Apart from botting and that kind of stuff, i'd like to vouch for iDemmel because he has proven (at least to me concerning GWLPR) that he's got quite some experience with coding and i respect his skills.
    I haven't seen any of his work, but I hear he has some skills in java, it's obvious he's not a leecher ^ ^ so I vouch for him too