Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

[quote author=kw_rock link=topic=2296.msg34973#msg34973 date=1323552046]
    Game feels stiff, sure.

You say the graphics don't seem very polished.... You do know the game doesn't allow AA and such, right?

With forced AA, the game looks great. It's a "WoW" clone because it's an MMO.. Every MMO is going to remind people of WoW..... GW2 will be like a "touched up WoW"... Why? BECAUSE IT'S PART OF THE SAME GENRE.

If you don't like MMO's because they remind you of WoW, it's because you don't like MMO's period. Every FPS seems the same.... why? Because they're part of the same genre. MW3 and BF3 are similar in a lot of ways. Why? Because they're both FPS's.............. Notice a game like Socom doesn't remind you of Battlefield? Yeah, they're part of a different genre..................

Do you guys understand yet? You can't say an MMO is bad because it's similar to WoW... they're part of the same genre, of course they're going to be similar. When you play WoW... do you give a shit about the quests? Do you give a shit about your storyline? Nope... SWTOR is the only MMO that I actually enjoy questing, and enjoy the main story. It has a lot of elements that WoW doesn't have and never will.

Having said that... I am just playing SWTOR until GW2 comes out
    [/quote]
    tl;dr
    SWTOR is garbage, there are better free2play games out at the moment such as vindictus or forsaken world.

[quote author=Rask link=topic=2296.msg35028#msg35028 date=1323654398]
    tl;dr
    SWTOR is garbage, there are better free2play games out at the moment such as vindictus or forsaken world.
    [/quote]

Yes.... Vindictus and Forsaken World are such great games..... Did you play Vindictus at launch? It was a huge pile of shit. And free2play games are junk, and generally cost you more than a monthly sub would.

Also, claiming a game is garbage when it hasn't even been released yet is... well.... kind of ridiculous. Did you play the BF3 beta? If you did and had the same outlook as you do toward SWTOR, you wouldn't be playing that.. The BF3 beta was a fucking disaster.

And Ibfjord: It doesn't have a trial because... IT ISN'T EVEN RELEASED YET. Does nobody understand this? Pretty sure that a week before GW2's release they aren't going to have a free trial. And pretty sure a week before release, GW1 didn't have a free trial either.

[quote author=kw_rock link=topic=2296.msg35043#msg35043 date=1323718502]
    Yes.... Vindictus and Forsaken World are such great games..... Did you play Vindictus at launch? It was a huge pile of shit. And free2play games are junk, and generally cost you more than a monthly sub would.

Also, claiming a game is garbage when it hasn't even been released yet is... well.... kind of ridiculous. Did you play the BF3 beta? If you did and had the same outlook as you do toward SWTOR, you wouldn't be playing that.. The BF3 beta was a fucking disaster.

And Ibfjord: It doesn't have a trial because... IT ISN'T EVEN RELEASED YET. Does nobody understand this? Pretty sure that a week before GW2's release they aren't going to have a free trial. And pretty sure a week before release, GW1 didn't have a free trial either.
    [/quote]
    I played SWTOR and it sucked, BF3 beta was better than official release and vindictus was fucking amazing. Vindictus is the only game I've seen out where they constantly pump out updates. Cash-whoring in that game is mostly cosmetic unless you're trying to +15 a weapon which is pretty dumb since you're fine with a +5 or +10.
    My reasons SWTOR sucks are as follows:
    Horrible graphics and extremely clunky combat make it unappealing.
    No unique system that sets it apart from every other mmo ever.
    It's star wars.

There's fanboyism and then theres autism. I'm just trying to figure out which side fits you -_-

As for Forsaken World, it had tons of unique systems to let you catch up on levels, given the mastery system literally let you pay2win it was still easy enough to get cash shop currency in game without ever spending a dime. SWTOR is a huge let down, people have been waiting years for it and it's going to flop hard core.

You're saying SWTOR's graphics are horrible compared to Vindictus and Forsaken World? You do know there is a different between style choices right? I sure hope you don't plan to comment on GW2's graphics because they are focusing more on that style.

People play WoW and those graphics suck my left nut, so that's invalid. No unique system that sets it apart from every other MMO? But Vindictus and Forsaken World are somehow different, right? I understand they are free2play, but the idea still remains. I'm not a fanboy by any means, I just preordered 3 days ago and only played one beta. I protested the game and refused to play it up until the Thanksgiving beta test. So i'm far from a fanboy, I'm more of a GW2 fanboy than anything.. Also, what other MMO has full VO and cutscenes? Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right... none. Good point. Nothing different than ANY other MMO.

BTW, they pump out update for Vindictus because they have to keep people playing a shitty game SOMEHOW.

swtor is quite fun

-Edited-
    Being an opinionated asshole zzz

It's really funnyhow easy cheating is in TOR. There doesn't appear to be any monitoring software so once you find the offsets you can just edit them and do pretty much whatever you want O.o Been doing speed hacks, turning down/off cooldowns, giving myself massive amounts of health/energy for the last month. It's pretty hilarious.
    Moo