Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HackBoy - a Client API for BoI

cargo loader

Re: HackBoy - a Client API for BoI

Sweet! Got to get this game (and olly (and win7 btw.)) .
    Such projects are a good motivation. Also, its just my kind of philosophy (open source and so ).
    Hope I have enough spare time for this + gwlp-r + the other crap i am doing in spare time...

Can you give us an overview about the CPlayerManager?

Administrator

[quote author=Patrickssj6 link=topic=1701.msg26027#msg26027 date=1292336663]
    Can you give us an overview about the CPlayerManager?
    [/quote]
    The CPlayerMgr is quite odd actually. It is not restricted to a certain field, like I thought at first (keeping track of the agents around you).

It keeps track of all visible (and even some not visible due to max view range) agents in some sort of list. It is used constantly due to this, because whenever a stat needs to be updated, the CPlayer* is retrieved from the CPlayerMgr.
    At the same time it also does some things for you, the player. Such as ::MoveRoleTo which makes your agent go to the specified coordinates. Really odd when it was all about enumerating every agent before. The funny thing about this method is, that it doesn't take a requirement that lets you set which player to move; it's only for you!
    And then there's ::SelectTarget() which does what it says... Even more odd.

To me, it looks like CPlayerMgr was originally to enumerate agents, but more stuff was tucked into it because the developers maybe didn't feel like writing a new class to take care of that stuff? I don't know

Uhm isn't this like more OOP oriented?

instead of

movePlayer(PlayerIndex, NewPosition)

it does

Player::movePlayer(NewPosition)

This is proper OOP :P

Administrator

[quote author=Patrickssj6 link=topic=1701.msg26030#msg26030 date=1292337690]
    Uhm isn't this like more OOP oriented?

instead of

movePlayer(PlayerIndex, NewPosition)

it does

Player::movePlayer(NewPosition)

This is proper OOP :P
    [/quote]
    Actually no. It's doing CPlayerMgr::MoveRoleTo(x, y) while it SHOULD either be CPlayer::MoveRoleTo(x, y) or CPlayerMgr::MoveRoleTo(player, x, y).

And then there's actually the CPlayerRole class... It has something to do with position and such, still didn't grasp it completely as I've been looking at other stuff

Or it is doing

CPlayerMgr::CPlayer::MoveRoleTo(x,y) which would be the guess I had above ;D

Administrator

[quote author=Patrickssj6 link=topic=1701.msg26032#msg26032 date=1292338060]
    Or it is doing

CPlayerMgr::CPlayer::MoveRoleTo(x,y) which would be the guess I had above ;D
    [/quote]
    After very thorough debugging/reversing, I think we can both conclude that this function does not do that.

It is apparently only for yourself (as evidenced by multiple ::GetMe() calls inside the function).

cargo loader

Harboe, can you add a list of "recommended" software, like OllyDebug and so on?

is it possible to hide ce, the isdebuggerpresent func or whatever this is makes me sad

Administrator

[quote author=cargo loader link=topic=1701.msg26046#msg26046 date=1292362913]
    Harboe, can you add a list of "recommended" software, like OllyDebug and so on?
    [/quote]
    OllyDbg (with StrongOD plugin attached to OP) and Cheat Engine are what you'll need.

[quote author=kknb link=topic=1701.msg26047#msg26047 date=1292363298]
    is it possible to hide ce, the isdebuggerpresent func or whatever this is makes me sad
    [/quote]
    That's exactly what StrongOD is for ... rofl xD But on x64 there are some additional things you have to do as written. And maybe you will only be able to attach to the client.